Sunday, March 13, 2011

Niece Melinda O'Donnell claims Hey Dad! star Robert Hughes molested her

A NIECE of former Hey Dad! star Robert Hughes has claimed she was molested by the TV star numerous times before the age of ten.
Melinda O'Donnell made the startling allegations to A Current Affair, in which she claims she was touched "inappropriately'' many times.

In a sworn statement, viewed by the current affairs program, O'Donnell says she was "grabbed'' and "touched'' indecently.

"Robert Hughes grabbed me, tickled me and touched me inappropriately including on my breasts and genitals,'' Ms O'Donnell said.

"He once touched me on the breasts and asked me ``Do you like this?'' I said "No'' be he continued to do it.''

Ms O'Donnell said she was subjected to the assaults in her family home and while at sleepovers at Mr Hughes' house.

"I was at his house and he was giving me a back massage on his bed and he attempted to grab my breasts but I kept my arms by my side so he couldn't,'' Ms O'Donnell said.

"He also exposed himself to me on a number of occasions and touched his genitals in front of me.''

She said she remembered one time when Mr Hughes had taken the girls swimming and exposed himself to them.

"I recall that on at least one occasion he wore a sarong. He had been swimming with my sisters and I and would sit so we could see his genitals,'' Ms O'Donnell said.

Mr Hughes was approached last year for comment by Channel 9, and told them: "Everything now is in the hands of defamation lawyers.''

The allegations come after Hughes' child co-star Sarah Monahan first made explosive claims that Hughes fondled her and exposed himself to her on the set of the show.

Ms Monahan now says she will sue Mr Hughes and TV executives.

Ms Monahan, who lives in Texas, claimed station chiefs knew about her alleged victimisation, but failed to protect her.

The show was commissioned by Channel 7 but produced independently.

Hughes has denied the allegations and last year engaged defamation lawyers.

NSW police are continuing to investigate the allegations.



From the Daily Telegraph
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment